Punjab Rolls Out Paperless Driving License System; Here’s How to Apply Yours .
پنجاب نے پیپر لیس ڈرائیونگ لائسنس سسٹم متعارف کرایا۔ اپنا اپلائی کرنے کا طریقہ یہاں ہے۔ گھر بیٹھے ڈرائیونگ لائسنس اپلائی کرنے کے لیے یہاں کلک کریں۔ اب فائل جمع کرانے کی ضرورت نہیں۔ آن لائن درخواست دینے کے لیے یہاں کلک کریں۔
Method no 1
Punjab rolls out paperless driving license system; here’s how to apply yours
LAHORE – Punjab has decided to launch a paperless driving licence system and with the latest initiative, citizens can apply for their driving license using their CNIC.
People were reluctant to visit driving license centers due to complex procedures and many of the centres do not offer all facilities under one roof, forcing applicants to approach the agent mafia to pay extra amounts to obtain licenses.
With the latest move, the cumbersome process to get a driving licence turned ‘paperless’ which does not allow the involvement of third parties. Citizens allowed citizens having valid ID cards, domiciles to get driving licence from the provincial capital.
In this regard, Punjab’s top cop directed all in-charges of centers to tweak the rules of driving test. A number of counters were added at the centers and further increased officers to avoid haste.
The ‘file system’ that restricts people from visiting center has been ended, and there will be no need to bring any hard copy documents, except national identity cards, and passports – for international driving licenses.
To make the whole procedure more smooth, and transparent, the video recording of each driving test would be made a part of the police record.
How to apply for a driving license in Punjab
To obtain your driving license, you can follow these steps:
- Visit your nearest Khidmat Markaz with your ID card and CNIC.
- Fill out the application form and pay the required fees.
- Schedule a driving test and take the test at the nearest driving test center.
- If you pass the test, your driving license will be issued to you on the spot.
The following documents are required to apply for a driving license in Punjab:
- Valid national identity card (CNIC)
- Valid domicile certificate (for non-residents)
- Passport-size photographs (3 copies)
- Medical certificate
The fee for a driving license in Punjab is Rs. 200 for a two-wheeler and Rs. 500 for a four-wheeler.
The driving test consists of a written test and a practical test. The written test consists of questions on traffic rules and regulations. The practical test consists of driving around a closed course and performing certain maneuvers.
If you pass both the written test and the practical test, your driving license will be issued to you on the spot.
For more information on how to apply for a driving license in Punjab, please visit the website of the Punjab Transport Department.
The Punjab government has rolled out a new paperless driving license system, making it easier for citizens to obtain a license. The new system is designed to be more efficient and transparent, and it eliminates the need for citizens to submit hard copies of their documents.
How to Apply for a Driving License
To apply for a driving license under the new system, citizens will need to follow these steps:
- Visit the website of the Punjab Traffic Police and create an account.
- Log in to your account and select the “Apply for Driving License” option.
- Fill out the online application form and upload the required documents.
- Pay the application fee online.
- Schedule a driving test at your convenience.
- Take the driving test and pass it.
- Collect your driving license from the traffic police office.
Benefits of the New System
The new paperless driving license system offers a number of benefits to citizens, including:
- Convenience: Citizens can now apply for a driving license online and avoid the hassle of visiting a traffic police office.
- Efficiency: The new system is designed to be more efficient, with applications processed faster and more accurately.
- Transparency: The new system is more transparent, with citizens able to track the status of their application online.
- Cost-effectiveness: The new system is more cost-effective for both citizens and the government.
The new paperless driving license system is a welcome development that will make it easier for citizens to obtain a driving license. The system is more convenient, efficient, transparent, and cost-effective than the old system. I encourage all citizens to apply for a driving license under the new system.
Here are some additional details about the new system:
- Citizens can apply for a driving license for all types of vehicles, including cars, motorcycles, and trucks.
- The application fee is Rs. 500 for a car driving license and Rs. 300 for a motorcycle driving license.
- The driving test is conducted by the Punjab Traffic Police.
- The driving test consists of a written test and a practical test.
- The written test consists of questions on traffic rules and regulations.
- The practical test consists of driving a vehicle around a course.
- Citizens who pass the driving test will be issued a driving license that is valid for five years.
I hope this article has been helpful. If you have any questions, please feel free to contact me.